As the chief administrative officer of the Brighton Area Schools, Dr. Outlaw is responsible for administering policies established by the Board of Education. The Superintendent provides leadership for:
- Instructional services, including the K-12 program, special education, curriculum improvement and staff development.
- Business services, including school district finance and record keeping.
- School services such as the maintenance and operation of facilities,
transportation, food service and district equipment.
- General school administration.
- Human resource services involving all employee groups.
Dr. Outlaw is also responsible for maintaining positive relationships within the community, the Livingston Educational Service Agency, and the Michigan Department of Education. Reporting directly to the Board of Education, the Superintendent formulates and presents recommended policies and programs, the district’s budget, curricular changes, personnel matters, and facility modifications. Dr. Outlaw informs the Board as to the effectiveness of existing policies and instructional programs.
Dr. Outlaw is assisted by Starr Acromite