It's been a bumpy week here! Much of the class is really starting to understand our first grade expectations (VERY different from kindergarten), and is ready to go.
Several little ones have struggled a bit with that recently. If you've gotten a behavior note, take a deep breath and understand that:
1. This may be part of the learning curve
2. Your child may simply need a reminder of your expectations for school behavior
3. Consequences may at times be helpful
4. Your child will do best if you and I work together
5. Thank you for your support while I establish an environment here of calm, kindness toward others, and learning (and fun, too, when they show me they can handle it!).
Reminders: our library (STEAM) day is Wednesday. Our spelling words come home each Monday, with the test on Friday. Please help your child, for just 5-10 minutes every night, to learn to write AND to read these words. These frequently used words lay a foundation for reading and writing skill.
Our spelling words for next week are: was, she, with, all.
Our first book order of the year is coming home in Friday Folders today. These make getting good books into your child's hands very inexpensive- a real bargain, and kids really love getting new books; it's a big deal to them! If you'd like to order any books for your family, please send back to me the filled-out book slip on the back, with a check for the correct amount (no cash, please) made out to Scholastic book club.
I generally send these home once a month; please return them to me in their Friday folder on Monday. Thanks!
I hope you have a lovely weekend!
Thanks for the support- what a great bunch of kids AND parents!!