BAS Music Program Mission: MUSIC FOR LIFE
Music is a unique form of literacy essential for human development and well being.
Guiding Principles of Music Education in the Brighton Area Schools are designed to produce individuals who:
- Understand the role music has played and continues to play in the lives of human beings.
- Are able to exercise their creative abilities through music.
- Are able to use the vocabulary of music.
- Are able to respond to music aesthetically, intellectually, and emotionally.
- Are acquainted with a wide variety of music including diverse styles and genres.
- Are able to make aesthetic judgments based on critical perception and analysis.
- Have developed a commitment to music.
- Support the musical life of the community and encourage others to do so.
BAS Kindergarten Music Curriculum
BAS 1st Grade Music Curriculum
BAS 2nd Grade Music Curriculum
BAS 3rd Grade Music Curriculum
BAS 4th Grade Music Curriculum
BAS 5th & 6th Grade Music Curriculum
BAS 5th & 6th Grade Band Curriculum
BAS 5th & 6th Grade Orchestra Curriculum
BAS 7th & 8th Grade Band Curriculum
BAS 7th & 8th Grade Choir Curriculum
BAS High School Band Curriculum
BAS High School Choir Curriculum