BAS Music Program Mission: MUSIC FOR LIFE
Music is a unique form of literacy essential for human development and well being.
Guiding Principles of Music Education in the Brighton Area Schools are designed to produce individuals who:
- Understand the role music has played and continues to play in the lives of human beings.
- Are able to exercise their creative abilities through music.
- Are able to use the vocabulary of music.
- Are able to respond to music aesthetically, intellectually, and emotionally.
- Are acquainted with a wide variety of music including diverse styles and genres.
- Are able to make aesthetic judgments based on critical perception and analysis.
- Have developed a commitment to music.
- Support the musical life of the community and encourage others to do so.