Brighton Area Schools Superintendent Search
Updated: June 25, 2020 @ 4 P.M.
- Position Announcement: Superintendent of Schools
- Anticipated Search Timeline:
- Application deadline: July 31, 2020, 4:00 P.M.
- Selection of Candidates for Interview: August 3, 2020
- First Round Interviews: August 17-20, 2020
- Second Round Interviews: September 1 & 2, 2020
- Site Visits: Week of September 14, 2020
- Candidate Selection by Board of Education: September 23, 2020
- Board Action to Hire New Superintendent: October 12, 2020
- Start Date: October 26, 2020 (tentative)
Updated: June 24, 2020 @ 7 P.M.
- Brighton Area Schools selects retired Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction Dr. Laura Surrey as Interim Superintendent.
Updated: June 5, 2020 @ 1 P.M.
Brighton Area Schools - Superintendent Search 2020 Community Survey
Brighton Area Schools Board of Education is searching for a new Superintendent of Schools. The Michigan Leadership Institute has been engaged with the Board to find the best possible candidate for the position. The Board is asking for community input to assist them in setting the criteria for the next Superintendent.
Responses to this survey will be submitted to the MLI Search Consultant and will be presented to the Board of Education for their consideration. The Board of Education appreciates your help.
The survey link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/M56ZBQY
Search Activities Timeline
- June 4 @ 6 P.M.: Meet with Board of Education to gather input, establish parameters of search, agree upon timeline
- June 8 - June 22: Post online survey and gather data to develop candidate profile and district/community profile; create and finalize posting
- June 23 - July 31: Post position, place advertisements, accept applications until 4:00 P.M. (4 ½ weeks) on agreed upon date (July 31)
- August 3 @ 4:30 P.M.: Presentation of applicants and determination by Board of candidates to interview
- August 17 - 20 @ 6 P.M.: First round interviews conducted; finalists determined
- September 1 - 2 @ 7 P.M.: Finalist interviews conducted; finalist meetings with stakeholder groups (i.e., staff, parents, community) in the afternoon
- Week of September 14: Board subcommittee visits to finalist work sites
- September 23: Selection of superintendent
- October 12: Board action to approve contract and hire new superintendent
- October 26: Tentative first official work day for new superintendent