BAS Logo


  • In order to Terminate your Employment with Brighton Area Schools (Retirement or Resignation), the following forms are Required.  You must complete the forms, and obtain your Administrator's signature as well.  Completed and signed TERM form must be forwarded to the Human Resources Office for processing.  You must complete the Exit Checklist and arrange to return ALL district property (ID Badge, keys, computer, etc.).


    If you are planning to retire from Public School Service, you must also arrange to complete the process through the Office of Retirement Services (ORS).  The district is unable to assist you with this process.  You must follow the protocols and procedure with the ORS.  There are many documents and information available from the ORS.

    Here is a link to their website:  ORS Website