SCHOOL OF CHOICE (SOC) 2023-24 ... New student School of Choice (SOC) applications for the 2023-24 school year will be accepted only during the application collection windows noted below for the following grade levels. Brighton Area Schools will accept applications for non-resident (SOC) students who reside within Livingston County (105) and any contiguous county (105c).
UNLIMITED - Kindergarten, Grades 5-11 - OPEN
(Applications accepted from 2/1/23 through 8/11/23 @ 3:00 PM)
UNLIMITED - Bridge Alternative High School (9-12) - OPEN
(Applications accepted from 2/1/23 through 9/7/23 @ 3:00 PM)
*LIMITED - Jr. Kindergarten, Grades 1-4 & 12 - CLOSED
(Applications accepted from 4/3/23 through 5/5/23 @ 3:00 PM)
Please complete the SOC application process noted below and wait for a response letter prior to submitting enrollment information.
- Grades K,5-12 ONLY - Complete the Affirmation of Prior Discipline/Services Form & collect supporting documents from the former school(s)/district(s) as stated on the form. This form must be verified by admin/office personnel from the last school/district(s) attended.
- Collect the last report card (grades 1-9) or an unofficial transcript (grades 10-12) with attendance information
- A copy of the most recent IEP & Evaluation will be needed if your student receives special services.
- Complete the electronic SOC application form and upload all required documents here. (One file is uploaded for each entry; if your document has multiple pages, please scan to one file to upload.) PDF files are preferred.
To expedite this process, please submit all required information together at one time. PDF files are preferred - avoid screenshots and photos if possible. Responses from our admin are not immediate, especially during busy enrollment times ... your patience is appreciated.
THINGS TO KNOW
- Applications of students who have been suspended or expelled within the past two school years will automatically disqualify your student’s application.
- Incomplete information at the close of the application window will automatically disqualify your student’s application.
- Transportation of accepted students will be the responsibility of the parent/legal guardian.
- For Grades JK-4, if your student is accepted – please know that building placements will be determined by our admin team in August.
- "Limited" applications will be reviewed after the window closes.
- You do not need to reapply each year once accepted and attending.
Should you have any questions about School of Choice, please contact one of the following offices:
BAS - Superintendent's Office
Fax (810) 299-4045 ~ Phone (810) 299-4040
BAS - Enrollment Office
Fax (810) 299-4069 ~ Phone (810) 299-4095