The Bridge Alternative High School - Building Bridges to Success!
The Bridge Alternative High School offers a quality educational program for young people ages 14 to 19 who are seeking an alternative school setting with additional support to achieve success.
The mission of The Bridge is to create a safe, caring, and supportive learning environment with an emphasis on inspiring students to achieve social, emotional, and intellectual success for post-secondary pursuits and professional work opportunities.
Full-Time Day Program: The Full-Time Day Program for students ages 14-19 offers wrap-around services to ensure student success. The features of this program include the following:
- Full-time, from 7:30am to 2:30pm Monday-Thursday to ensure original or near original track for graduation
- Trimester schedule
- Caring, dedicated, highly qualified teachers
- Positive Behavior Intervention Support
- Small class sizes
- Differentiated instruction
- On-staff social worker
- Incentives for attendance and academic achievement
- Credit recovery through volunteer and work credit programs
- Part-time option for qualifying seniors in their last trimester
- Sports participation through Brighton High School
- Lunch/breakfast program with free and reduced for qualifying students
- Technology integration in the curriculum
- Vocational opportunities
- Bus transportation available for students in the BAS attendance district
- Designed as high school continuation and/or credit recovery.
- Offered to students 9-12th grade
- Requirements aligned to Michigan Merit Curriculum designed to help students become college and/or work reqdy upon graduation.
- On-site academic support.
- Regular meetings with teacher to ensure that student is on track
Friday Programs: Our Friday programs will help students in a variety of ways. Students will have the opportunity to participate in:
- Online PLATO classes - credit recovery
- One-on-one academic tutoring
- Career coaching for after graduation
- Student Assistance Program groups
- Vocational Apprenticeship Opportunities
- SAT Preparation
- Enrichment activities in math, science, social studies, English, music and health